Do Good Work.
Our network of community shapers keeps us updated with job and volunteer opportunities within their organizations. We encourage you to explore these openings and apply to do good work!
Reports to: Executive Director
The Position: We are seeking a passionate, strategic leader who can create and implement a multi-year development plan to support the growth of our food advocacy organization. The Director of Development will be an individual with the desire, vision, experience and commitment to be a full partner – a leader who is self-initiating and self-managing, while also genuinely collaborative and team-oriented. The successful candidate will have a proven track record of successfully building long-term donor relationships and obtaining gifts and grants from individuals, corporations and foundations.
Primary Responsibilities: The primary responsibilities include fundraising through events, campaigns and donations, donor management, and grant applications. Duties include, but are not limited to: creation and management of donor relationships; communication and connection with individuals and organizations for purposes of developing and nurturing donors; collection of contact information and communication with donors; and, to the extent organizationally we pursue non-programmatic foundational funding - analyzing financial and program data and producing proposals (individual and foundations) including communication with the contracted grant writer(s) and collection of all relevant data and program information. This position will collaborate with the Executive Director to develop and implement the strategic fundraising goals and plans for Food Action.
● Work with Executive Director and Board of Directors to develop strong relationships with the philanthropic community that lead directly to increased revenue and program sustainability
● Develop comprehensive, proactive strategies for maximizing giving among existing and prospective donors, including donor recognition
● Develop and implement strategies for new donor (individual and group) cultivation and recognition
● Oversee and manage donor data quality and performance
● Oversee all foundation and donor research, grant writing/proposal development, and grant reporting.
● Review program outcomes and program reports to complete grant reporting requirements, ensure grant compliance and prepare donor communications
● Bachelor’s degree with 5+ years of advanced development experience (nonprofit preferred) leading strategic fundraising initiatives and growing diversified financial revenues and resources
● Experience producing financial reports, and writing impact proposals
● Extensive knowledge of both local and national philanthropic communities.
● Demonstrated success in securing major and annual gifts from individuals, foundations and corporations
● Demonstrated success in meeting annual fund goals, development management, securing sponsorships, planning and coordinating special events
● Demonstrated success in working as a member of a team and developing effective working relationships with staff, volunteers and donors
● Demonstrated leadership ability
● Knowledge of and commitment to the promotion of healthy, just, and sustainable food
Culture: We are a forward looking organization which places a very high value on staff growth and happiness. From professional development opportunities to delicious snacks, and a high priority on work life balance. We value diversity in every way, including- inclusion of the widest variety of thought, perspective, and experience. Food Action is located at the Impact Hub because the creativity, energy, passion and commitment to social mission found here is essential to our organization.
Benefits and Compensation: Food Action (for the time being) is a small NGO and it's capacity and resources are consistent with it's size. At the same time adequately recognizing one's value is a value of ours. The salary range for this position is commensurate to similar organizations and will range between $50k and $70K depending on qualifications and experience of the successful candidate.
Send resume and detailed cover letter on how you meet the job requirements to
Russell Lehman, Executive Director, email@example.com
Volunteer- Seattle Data for Good
Use your data science powers for good.
We're volunteer data scientists, executives, community leaders, social service professionals, students, and citizens committed to using our skills to make the world a better place in Seattle and beyond. We work collaboratively with change-makers and believe that together we can make a difference.
We use data, analytics, visualizations and software development to help the efforts of those involved with solving the biggest issues facing our community.
Public Space Activation Assistant- Friends of Waterfront Seattle
If your inner Leslie Knope swoons when you pass a vibrant public space, then you should consider applying for this Summer position. The Public Space Activation Assistant will serve as an ambassador to visitors of existing Waterfront Park and Waterfront Space, focusing on Hot Spot summer programming and other summer activation activities.
Hot Spot is a park activation pilot project enlivening the existing Waterfront Park now, providing the community with a preview of the future park and providing Friends with valuable experience and data related to implementing activation in the future park. By hosting diverse cultural performers and organizations, Friends’ goals are to proactively develop and deepen connections with diverse communities, to expand relationships throughout Seattle in preparation for the future park, and to welcome and serve all communities and cultures.